Monday, May 4, 2009

Latest off the Hook

The crochet hook that is!

I really like these little turtle rattles. I've made up a dozen or so this winter, in all sorts of colors, for baby showers and gifts. And if you don't add the head or legs, the ball/body is a great cat toy. After all there is a cat ball w/ bell inside! lol
I've been making a few washclothes, trying to use up some of my stash of baby yarn. I'm liking how this one turned out. The other two patterns that were with this particular were another story. I'll try again in a few weeks.

(There's Little Guy with his head in the way.)
I found this seedstitch pattern on another blog--can't remeber the exact location right now. I really like the seed stitch. Worked up nice, gave it some texture. Used up the last of that purple.




The weather was quite nice last week, and I really wanted to be playing out in the garden. But after 2 years of jumping the gun & loosing all my plants, I knew better.



So I "grew" some carrots inside instead. Little Guy says thay are quality. But watch out. There is catnip tucked away inside. It makes a lovely tea when left in the water dish for an afternoon. But it then requires a really good wringing to get all the water out.




I made a few in the bright orange, but really wanted at least one in the duller orangey/yellowy color. The little bit I had didn't quite last until the end, so Little Guy's carrot is two-tone. He still likes it tho.
Ok-that's enough for the first night! We'll see how well I can keep up with this blog. LOL
G'Night All
Alicia N.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankx for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your little trip to the NV High Desert.