Saturday, February 12, 2011

Feeling Blah today, and a surprise!

I'm going on day...uh...3 or 4 with this cursed head cold. Not too bad during the day. Some stuffiness, a little coughing occasionally, a few tissues.
It's been between 1 and 3 am when the big problems start.
I wake up with a totally stuffed nose, stumble to the bathroom and blow out half a pound of snot (UGH!!!), go back to bed. Wake up in about 5 minutes coughing, can't sleep for about 10 due to coughing. Stumble back to the bathroom. Find the NyQuil and a cough drop. Prop up in bed and try not to choke on the said cough drop while not totally waking up Hubby, who gets up at 4:30 to get ready for work. No wonder I feel so totally unmotivated.

It's supposed to get all the way to the 50's today, not much mud to speak of. I *should* go out and ride a fat horse or two, work on getting them back in shape for show season, riding season, branding and gathering cows season.
Or I could work with Abigail, take her for another walk around the yard, perhaps do a few tying lessons, keep working with her feet. But I feel *BLAH*

I should finish up a few crochet projects, with a bottle of hand sanitizer and a box of tissues by my side, so I don't infect the yarn. Can cold bugs live on yarn? Probably.

Ok, enough whining, I said there was a surprise!
Here it is!

I promise to send something I make myself to the first 5 people who leave a comment on this post and who, in turn, promise to make the same offer on their blog. The rules are that you need to make the items personally and send them to your 5 folks within 2011.

I've played this before, but found it again at Kat's blog http://thebobwhites.blogspot.com/
It's a gift that keeps on giving! Odds are it will be a crocheted gift of some sort, and I promise not to make anything for this until my cold is gone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankx for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your little trip to the NV High Desert.